WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

2012 Brides Dunboyne Castle

2012 Brides Dunboyne Castle

Postby sj 2012 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:14 pm

hi Ladies
just wondering if there are any 2012 dunboyne castle brides out there, just wondering what kind of deal you have got for the hotel and and reviews you might have on it? We have booked 27th Oct 2012 there last bank holiday wend available. Just looking for other peoples ideas for the entrance room and if you are going to have both bars open on the night or jsut the one in the room?

What do you reckon to the dance floor, big enough??

Sj :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
sj 2012
New Wolly

Re: 2012 Brides Dunboyne Castle

Postby Dbigday » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:05 pm

Hey,

Im a Dunboyne Castle bride too for 2012 YAY :wv
So excited there is a thread, it makes it so real!!
We didnt bargaiin a lot with prices as when we wnt to book we thought the price would be the same
as 2010 prices, so we were so happy when we were quoted 65pp.

I am concious of the dance floor, I think it may be a little small, they told me that they can make it bigger, I cant remember how big. But sure hey, im sure no one will notice when it comes to that part of the day. :hic

Im not sure on what to do about the bars, I think having both open would be a good idea.
I love the idea that there is a little hall where the guests can be greeted as they walk in to the bar area.

What prices did you get? have you tried haggliing at all?
Dbigday
New Wolly

Postby sj 2012 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:47 pm

Hi There, I know exciting now to say its next year.... again we didnt haggle too much we went for the choice of main for 68 but i think there overall package was brilliant value, compared to what we were being offered in other hotels, but Dunboyne was secretly always my first choice.

When i asked about making the dance floor bigger i was told they couldnt, who were you dealing with on the day?
When are you getting married, we're oct bank hol, we've nothing else really organised, the church and my wedding singer, thats about it, I like the entrance room they have we have a wedding of about 200 i just hope there is enough room in it tho for everyone! im trying to think of different ideas for dressing the tables, any suggestions, something thats not really been done before

:compress
[/url]
sj 2012
New Wolly

Postby Cotton Tail » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:12 pm

Hi
I'm joining this thread :wv
We've booked for 14th July 2012. I think we'll shut the outside bar as the party does tend to go where ever the bar is. I've no other ideas yet so please send some my way.
My only down side of the hotel is the lack of an outdoor area for the pre dinner reception which is a pity for July but other than that I love the place.
[/url]
Cotton Tail
New Wolly

Postby sj 2012 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:50 pm

Hi Bride July
great to have some more brides on here, would you not consider changing your drinks reception to the lounge just around the corner from the reception, it has double doors leading out onto the patio, when you arrive you go into the old house and you come out right at that reception area, thats what id be doing only we're end of october so expect some frost around that day! :)
[/url]
sj 2012
New Wolly

Postby Goodfellas » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:41 pm

Hey sj12

Don't worry about the dancefloor, honestly, its fine and a smaller dancefloor jammed with people looks AND feels better than a huge one.

Some venues we play, the dancefloor is FAR too big and even if you have everyone on the floor, it looks like 5 cows in a field!

:o0

I've never ever thought, in all the times we have played Dunboyne, that the dancefloor could do with being bigger.

RE the bar, well, whatever you do,keep the one in the room open. The other one is handy for the oldies, though, and they can chill out there on the couches when the DJ is on etc.

Hope that helps.
Shortlisted Wedding band of the year 2010 by Real Weddings
Voted Wedding band of the year 2011 by Real Weddings

http://www.gfb.ie

Don't Stop Believing...
http://www.youtube.com/user/GoodFellasIreland

Goodfellas
WOL Network

-NOT to be confused with
Goodfellas from Derry

Postby Laz » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:20 pm

Hi!
I am a Dunboyne Castle Bride too!!
(That was weird to say)
Were June 22nd Next year but it might change!
Im interested to see what offers people are getting too!
We went for €68 because we want a choice on the main course.
The Bridal Suite is Fab!! And also the presidential suite!wow!

I also feel the same about the outside area!!!
I actually called and asked if there was another area we could use but they said there isnt as the bar outside area is too small, they've tried before but its a disaster apparently. there is the smoking area outside the function room/bar but nowhere to sit if its a nice day!
Not a deal clencher though!!

And as for the bar, Were definitely leaving the outside one closed once were moved into the room! (we weren't actually aware there was a choice) but we discounted hotels because the bar was outside the room!The party, especially the lads stay where the bar is, you don't want half the party missing the speeches or first dance!!:-\

Dying to hear other peoples negotiations though!
:-D
Laz
New Wolly

Postby virgos » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:14 pm

Hi Dunboyne Brides to be :)

I'm also getting married there is 2012. They are great ideas about using the other rooms as drinks reception areas. I love the room we get in the old part of the house just for the bridal party to relax before dinner and have a drink in. I was thinking of seeing if we could use the old part for anything with the guests as its a pity they wont get to see it coming in the main hotel door.
I'll defo be keeping that outside bar closed after dinner, Id be freaking if the guests were out there talking for the night when your paying hundreds for a band!!
Has anyone thought that the top table was a bit plain? I'm thinking or ideas to decorate it. I'm putting extra candles on the tables too to create a more romantics fairytale like setting :lvs

Anyone any other ideas? Is anyone else getting married on a Friday and making a weekend out of it?
virgos
New Wolly

Postby rosebelle » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:09 am

Me too Dunboyne Castle Bride 2011 !

I did try the haggling bit, but they just weren't budging! would be very interested if any of you got anything off the price or anything else thrown in. PM me PLEASE!

As for the Room, i actually haven't seen it set up for a wedding yet. but just fell in love with the place when Leonie showed me around. Love the old house the the room where the bridal party come in to ... think that's a real nice idea. I don't think the dance area is too small at all, would much prefer a packed medium size dance floor than a larger empty looking one. Will be closing the bar outside once everyone is seated for meal, think this always breaks the group up when their is a bar outside.
As for outside areas, with weather so unpredicatable in this country I'm trying to focus on having nice areas inside incase of rain! There is a large smoking veranda with tables and chairs, outside the function room.

We are just planning on staying the one night as we couldn't get a friday for 2011 in the months we wanted, but really liked the idea which leonie mentioned ..having a barbeque the day after on the terrace out the back of the hotel, I will wait until nearer the time and see what the weather is like. But as I'm not from Dunboyne it would mean people hanging around for a bit..... plan is to have Barbeque at 2ish then head back to pub from home town (4ish) for a lil party bout 8ish. Think it's too much to be asking people to stay over another night and also they would have work next day. ... but don't know how this will go down with everyone cos they will all be driving so they won't be able to have few drinks on the Sunday, and my family love an aul session....any feedback on this idea much appreciated.

Very sorry for the long winded post.
[/url]

rosebelle
Mini Wolly

Postby rosebelle » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:49 pm

Just flipping through latest edition of confetti see Dunboyne have an ad with wedding packages from 45

Anyone know what this is ?
[/url]

rosebelle
Mini Wolly

Postby Dei » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:16 pm

Hi ladies :wv
I am also booking Dunboyne castle for my wedding reception july 2012. I am meeting with the co-ordinator next week to put down deposite so would love to know wat kind of deals/offers are available, did anyone get a reduced price or have any extras thrown in? PLEASE PM me!!
Dei
New Wolly

Postby foxt » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:29 pm

I am totally jumping in on a thread to which I don't belong!!
Going to Dunboyne on Monday with a view to having my wedding there in Sept 11.
You all seem very excited, I am excited too - cant wait to see it, think this might be the one! This search for the perfect wedding venue is getting tired!
Anything you think I should be asking??
[/url]
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
foxt
New Wolly

Postby sj 2012 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:18 pm

You should ask them if there is any extras that they can put into the package for you, but to be honest after looking around Dunboyne has the best value and packages and the grounds are gorgeous, Melanie is lovely to deal with, do up a list of what it is you expect from the venue on the day, i had a list and it was all covered before i even got to ask a question!
O can you ask if they have a different cake stand, i forgot to ask that, they are having a wedding fair on 20th Feb, might be an option to check it out that day aswell!
[/url]
sj 2012
New Wolly

Postby atina » Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:33 am

Hi guys im a dunboyne bride aswell may 4th 2012...its the bank holiday weekend and a fri so we are sticking around for the sat night too gonna have finger food in the downstairs bar sat night then head into the nightclub after!! As regards the outside bar...gonna have that closed when we head inside just to keep the party together! We saw the room done up for a wedding and the bride added a few more bits and pieces around the place that looked fab...she also had fairylight backdrop behind the top table which looked great. One of the managers told me that the hotel was thinking of buying one....anyone heard anything about that?? Anyone got any deals regarding canapies for drinks reception ours looking at around 700 at the mo..expensive enough for tiny tiny food??? Getting so excited booked the best men there for our band who happen to be from Dunboyne cant wait
[/url]
atina
Royal Wolly

Postby rosebelle » Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:33 pm

Nightclub ? Where is the nightclub? in the hotel :eek
[/url]

rosebelle
Mini Wolly

Next