WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

what did you take to calm you on wedding day?

what did you take to calm you on wedding day?

Postby MrsBig10 » Sun May 13, 2022 10:49 am

Plans are going great, everything is coming together nicely BUT my fear is walking up the aisle with my Dad. He's been ill in the last few years & I know that I'll be emotional.
The rest of the day will be a piece of cake!

Can you recommend anything that worked for you... Rescue Remedy / Kalms / etc?
There are so many products on the markets so choose from.
MrsBig10
Best Avatar 2011

Re: what did you take to calm you on wedding day?

Postby weddingdiva » Sun May 13, 2022 4:32 pm

a shot of brandy, I dont drink much at all and would never think of drinking brandy, but on my wedding day my dad brought me a drop of brandy to steady my nerves, and It worked!!! I thought I would be crying the whole way through the ceremony but I found I was more nervous than anything else on the day, and the brandy just settled me.

In saying that I couldn't speak on the way over to the church, was all fidgety and anxious you'll be surprised of all the other emotions that take over on the day.
weddingdiva
Royal Wolly

Postby candlequeen » Sun May 13, 2022 4:46 pm

I'm going to dig out the old reliable Rescue Remedy, it usually settles my nerves.

Failing that, there may or may not be a half a valium in the press. I'm saying nothing. :innocent:
candlequeen
Major Wolly

Postby newshound » Sun May 13, 2022 4:49 pm

I'm terrified of crying. I never used to be the welling up kind of girl but I've been terrible the past few years.... happiness and sadness all set me off! I wouldn't mind crying if I had a pretty 'crying' face but I don't do Cheryl Cole tears, I'm a mess! Betablockers were suggested to me???
newshound
Mini Wolly

Return to Old Faithful

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: autumn2012, JacquelineB2B, londoncailin, lovehugs, mrsbops, redgp, WOLSophie and 70 guests

Nicola will craft a beautiful musical collaboration, merging classical, traditional and popular styles for your special day.

Designers of timeless & unforgettable events at weddings.

See our 2012 Wedding Card Collection on display in our Dublin and Galway showrooms. Beautiful quality and great value.

The Vtter Family and their team will help you plan an unforgettable wedding day in the beautiful Austrian region of Zell am See - Kaprun

Whether you're planning a celebration that's traditional or trendy, festive or formal, intimate or grand scale, your wedding at Cork International Airport Hotel will be everything you and your partner dreamed.

Dont settle for the norm- Announce your wedding with a unique caricature invitation!

Premier stockist for Mori Lee. Stocking size 8 to 30 in both bridal and bridesmaid dresses.

The Reception is Country House Style with beautiful local food ...and lots of it. This is a sit down meal, a mixture of table service and buffet which is a legendary part of our services. Elizabeth will help in every way with contacts for local churches, florist, photographer and the hire of any kind of transport from horse-drawn carriage to Rolls Royce and arrange all the decorations of the dining-room and other spaces to suit your personal style and complement your big day in every possible way.

The Decades are a six piece Dance Band. The mission of The Decades Dance Band is to make you feel like dancing. The band plays at least five classic songs from every decade

At The Bridal Lounge we love working with couples to create bespoke, beautiful wedding concepts as unique and individual as they are. Our services are designed to help couples bring their wedding vision to life in an easy, uncomplicated and budget friendly way.

Complete luxury in your home. Spa-like bridal package available.

Alexanders Bridal is situated in the heart of Dublin city centre on Parnell Street for more than 11 years. We have a strong tradition in stunning bridal gowns with a friendly, relaxed, professional customer care.

Frame It Weddings offers you photography and videography packages for your big day and we travel nationwide.

A string duo, trio or quartet is the perfect way to enhance your wedding day. It will add that special ambience that only live music can provide.

Citywest Hotel Leisure & Golf resort is the ideal venue for your wedding reception

A Wedding Video by Ronan Quinn can tell Your Story, and "make it last forever".

Those special moments will be captured for you to treasure always.

Whether it's a small intimate affair of 20-40 people, or a larger party for 250, Tulfarris is a perfect choice for your dream wedding day.

Try something different with a silent wedding disco from Headphone Disco

Historical Castle, magnificent gardens and an experienced team create the location for an idyllic experience.

With the help of the Wedding Planner you will sail through all the preparations for your Wedding in Malta.

As an experienced Liturgist Deirdre has helped many couples plan their Wedding Liturgy

Well known and sought after DJ covering the Midlands, Galway region and further a field

Freelance bridal hairdressing.

Award winning 4 star hotel located in the heart of Westport, Co.Mayo High standard of service, cuisine & attention to detail makes it the perfect choice for your wedding day! Weekend Wedding Dates on SALE for 2013up to 20% off!!

Bespoke Wedding Jewellery design. Also, ring cleaning, polishing and stone polishing. Immediate competitive estimates.

GLO (SKY) Lanterns are wish lanterns in the Far East and may be taken as a symbol of health, longevity, happiness, peace and prosperity and they can be your ambassador of good wishes. The cheapest supplier in Ireland. - NOW WITH FREE GAS FILLED LIGHTERS.

FREE Consultation for all brides and grooms wedding speeches

Look fabulous on your wedding day, at a fraction of the price with TreatTicket.com

Bridal Corner offers you all the benefits of one-stop shopping for all youre wedding clothing and accessory requirements.