WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

2012 Brides Dunboyne Castle

Re: 2012 Brides Dunboyne Castle

Postby atina » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:14 am

I know im worried about it because the band and dancing is the part im living for and i would hate for it not to kick off till after 10! Think Melanie was saying the meal will be at six or so we are getting married at half one in dunboyne village which is five mins from the hotel so im planning to ask for dinner at around five or half and the latest
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
atina
Royal Wolly

Postby smily2012 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:25 pm

oh id be the same, cant wait for the band and the dancing!! Im getting married in Dublin but not to far to travel down! 6 at the lastest for the meal i would be hoping for :yelrotflmaosmilie:
smily2012
New Wolly

Postby orlaithd » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:25 pm

Hey everyone!
I'm also Dunboyne castle next year :) love the place!
I wouldn't worry too much about the timing on dinner- we spoke to Melanie about this when booking- our church is for 4pm (other wedding on earlier in the day so has to be later) and as its only Culmullen church its only a 10 min drive away so we were worried about this. She said it wont be a problem as meal should run to plan and if you don't want too much of a wait between meal finishing and band starting go for a local band as they always set up during the day so the second the meal finishes and is cleared it can start! Might suit some of you who are concerned about a gap! :)
orlaithd
New Wolly

Postby atina » Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:07 pm

oh thats great news coz im having The Best Men and they're from Dunboyne
[/url]
atina
Royal Wolly

Postby Shorti3 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:30 pm

hey girls how are all the plans coming along?
Ive sooooooo much done, just looking at the pile of religious paperwork on the table and planning on doing that this week, we are booked in, in November to register our marriage and our wedding course is the end of November after that it will be xmas and then only a few months to go, the time is just flying by. My dress will be in around the end of February so im gonna enjoy my xmas and stuff my face O-O

Ive the video guy to sort and church music, just wondering is anyone having selected music on a cd and playing that, im not into church singers myself but i love canon in d and some other music/songs so i must mention it to the priest, he said i wont be meeting wiht him until after xmas tho... :ooh
Shorti3
Mini Wolly

Postby sj 2012 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:37 pm

Planning is underway, ive band, videopgrapher, church and dunboyne sorted so far!! we're not till oct 2012 so plenty of time, altho i did go looking at dresses last weekend, see a dress in a window and thought it was for me, until i seen the lenght of the train that came with it, i dont think finding the right dress is going to be as easy as ithought :-8

im hoping to have everyone called for dinner at 5pm on the day, we're a 1pm wedding and dont want to leave people too long without feeding them

can i ask one question, does anyone else have a problem with the curtains in the suite not closing properly or am i just been picky!! think im just been picky but wanted to get your opinions anyways

Flowers are all sorted as im doing them myself, have picked up few little things already, cufflinks for men arrived yesterday and my candles, inthepinkcandles.com ladies for the cheapest personalised candles around, check them out
[/url]
sj 2012
New Wolly

Postby Shorti3 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:01 pm

i hadnt noticed the curtains not closing correctly i wonder will my fairylight backdrop cover that...il be going now to the fair in october for one last scout about :)
Shorti3
Mini Wolly

Postby smily2012 » Tue Jan 17, 2022 6:13 pm

Hi all,just wondering how everyone is getting on with their planning, :o)ll
smily2012
New Wolly

Postby sj 2012 » Wed Jan 18, 2022 3:54 pm

planning is well underway, not there till oct 27th, so good bit of time, going bridesmaid shopping at the end of the month, still need to decide on a cake, book pre marriage course, and register the marraige hope to have all that done by march, found out yesterday that ive to have laser treatment on my neck for a scar i have and it might hide it, so fingers crossed i get to start that soon

hows everyone else getting on?
[/url]
sj 2012
New Wolly

Postby atina » Tue Jan 24, 2022 9:04 am

getting on great...flying it now since the six month mark dont know where the months have gone...sinead has been on to me about our menu tasting so we have that in feb...getting real exciting now
[/url]
atina
Royal Wolly

Postby sj 2012 » Tue Jan 24, 2022 10:37 am

Atina youll have to let us all know about the food tasting, not long left for you at all, any luck with getting your meal earlier, as im hoping to ask to be called in at 5 and start dinner at half5 as our weddings at 1 and dont want people waiting around to long, also want dancing underway by half9!
[/url]
sj 2012
New Wolly

Postby atina » Tue Jan 24, 2022 10:44 am

We have a meeting with sinned 45 mins before the tasting to go thru everything so I'll ask then and let you know how I get on
[/url]
atina
Royal Wolly

Postby atina » Tue Jan 24, 2022 10:45 am

Oops meant sinead
[/url]
atina
Royal Wolly

Postby Shorti3 » Thu May 10, 2022 9:03 am

well we had our meal tasting last night and it was yumiiiii few little tiny things that needed to be added like veg wasnt quite al dente and needed a few more mins of cooking time but everything else was fab, we had two desserts picked but opted for a different one altoghether and there was no issue in trying them all if we wanted which was great...

Most expensive meal ever but we enjoyed it :D
Shorti3
Mini Wolly

Postby sj 2012 » Mon May 14, 2022 2:36 pm

Hi Shorti, glad to hear your tasting went well, quick question tho, you had to pay for it??? i thought it was complimentary?? no?
[/url]
sj 2012
New Wolly

PreviousNext

Return to Old Faithful