WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

2012 Brides Dunboyne Castle

Re: 2012 Brides Dunboyne Castle

Postby candj » Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:29 pm

My friend had her reception here. If I remember there was a bar right in front of the double doors to the room. Is this the residents bar? Anyway they all had a great time in there until 5am apparently!! I heaved my pregnant self to bed!
She used these for flowers and they have white chair covers too
:babydust: www.sweetpeadesigns.ie
candj
New Wolly

Postby atina » Wed May 25, 2022 10:00 am

The bar in front of the double doors to the room is the bar where the drinks reception will be
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
atina
Royal Wolly

Postby Dimples11 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:51 pm

Wohoo!! Finally I can join this thread! Totally fell in love with this place first time I seen it so I booked it the very next day. Can't believe all Fridays and Saturdays are gone next year up to the 13th of oct so that's the one that we had to pick. It's a little but longer of a wait than we expected but we are prepared to wait since we love the venue so much Going to meet Melanie to have a proper chat with her on Saturday morning and to see the room done up. I am a little concerned about the size of the bar. Does anyone know if they have people coming round to the tables to take orders? I also only realised from this thread that not everyone comes into the old house on arrival. Have any of yee asked if you could have your drinks reception in the old house? It's such a waste otherwise if people don't get to see it. Also did any of yee get anything else thrown in. Think fairylights would definitely help in the function room. Thanks girlies.
Dimples11
New Wolly

Postby sj 2012 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:36 pm

congrats on your booking, we are also next oct 27th and we booked last nov, i wanted a bank hol wend and it was the only one left they had,
there is no bar in the old house so it might be akward for the drinks reception altho it would be nice if all guest walked through the doors to see it and then on into the reception room
Fairy lights would definately make the room, for some reason the curtains dont close properly and you can see the gaps!! ( dont like this at all)
got no extras apart from what was included in the weekend package but happy enough with al the is involved in it!!
happy planning
[/url]
sj 2012
New Wolly

Postby atina » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:56 am

Melanie only emailed me the other day about the fairy light backdrop its 200 euro which is about the going rate! So we're gonna get it
[/url]
atina
Royal Wolly

Postby Jojobean » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:27 pm

Hey Girlies

So exciting to have some people to share my day with!! I'm all booked for Dunboyne for 28th Sep 2012 - its a Friday, still undecided whether to stay on the Sat night too with family as there will probably be another wedding and not sure if there is music in the hotel on Sat nights. We'll have my son (age 10 by then) with us so hotel would be handier as he can enjoy the party with us!!

Went to visit hotel set up for Wedding in April and room was beautiful. very big wedding though I think it was 220 people so room was fairly tight but tables all set up fab. I agree top table is a little plain so we're bringing our flowers from the church and using them on the top table. Went back to hotel that night to view our band and have to say, before we got there we were both worried about the bar being too small but it was actually fine. Because there is no where to hang around at the bar people are forced to go back to either their tables or the dance floor so you dont lose ur crowd.

Only thing I did notice was that we the band were due to start at 9ish so they advised us to come out about 11 to see them in full flow,we got there at 10.40 and the first dance was only starting so not sure if that was the hotels fault for being slow serving the food or if it was the late arrival of the wedding party but its definitely something to mention to them as I would be very upset if the band were starting that late! From what I could figure out as well the bar only opended after the speeches so there was a lot of people going outside to get drinks there at that point so we're thinking of asking if the bar can be opended earlier as I dont want people queueing for ages for a drink.

We also have the fairly light backdrop booked and thiking about getting uplighters but not sure if that'd be too much.

Would love to hear your ideas and hope the above is helpful

xxx
[/url]
Jojobean
New Wolly

Postby Shorti3 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:36 pm

Hi girls,
I got that mail about the fairy backdrop also but we got two quotes from other companies to dress the rooms which included uplighters/chair covers/table runners/centre pieces.. etc

Are any of you getting in someone to do the room or are yuo going with what the hotel offer?

Have you all been giving the VAT rate reduction? We got an email about it last week as i had emailed melanie a while back asking.
Shorti3
Mini Wolly

Postby atina » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:14 pm

Im not going to get someone in to do up the room as i think it looks really well the way they do it, i am however going to get in sash's to go over their chair covers to match bridesmaids dresses but thats all. As regards VAT reduction they are passing it on and will be in touch individually to say how much it will affect each wedding
[/url]
atina
Royal Wolly

Postby rosebelle » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:00 am

ATina, Do you mind me asking how much is it costing for the sashes and who are you using?
[/url]

rosebelle
Mini Wolly

Postby atina » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:06 am

No probs my Aunt is getting them for me as a wedding present so unfortunatly i dont know how much its going to cost
[/url]
atina
Royal Wolly

Postby Shorti3 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:47 pm

so whats happening girls are you all in full swing now and knee deep in wedding preparations :)
Shorti3
Mini Wolly

Postby atina » Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:46 am

My friend had her wedding there two weeks ago and the same thing happened with the band starting very late so i am going to ask for the meal to start earlier i want the band to be on for a least 9:15
[/url]
atina
Royal Wolly

Postby Cotton Tail » Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:02 pm

Hi all,
Date for you all. Was looking on weddingblog.ie. It says that the wedding fair in Dunboyne is on Sunday 23rd Oct from 1 to 5pm. Hopefully it won't be as packed as the Feb one.
[/url]
Cotton Tail
New Wolly

Postby rosebelle » Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:09 pm

Atina what time did your friends meal start? And what time are you asking them to call you for dinner?
[/url]

rosebelle
Mini Wolly

Postby Jojobean » Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:19 pm

Atina

I'd also be interested in knowing what time your friends meal was at and what time the band started? Nothing worse than a meal going on far too long.... I know I emailed Melanie before and she mentioned the turn around time is about 1.5 hours depending on speeches but that's clearly not the case!!

Jojo x
[/url]
Jojobean
New Wolly

PreviousNext

Return to Old Faithful