WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

September 2012 Brides?????

Re: September 2012 Brides?????

Postby drummerswife2b » Mon May 14, 2022 1:50 pm

Gotmyrock sorry to hear about your mum, glad your back in action. It will be a busy few months ahead for you.

Ohnoshedidnt I agree with ye on sending the foreign invites early as they have flights etc to book (all our "foreigners" just contacted us individually to confirm dates etc so didn't need to bother. I suppose I've just never got an invite overally early so it seems odd to me but I suppose it's better to be organised then not. I think we're delivering ours 30th of June/1st of July (were hand delivering most of them)

Favours - we have an envelope on the table (paddy power betting sheet) and in it is the betting sheet, some fortune telling fish and a bookmark which has the meaning of your name on it (each couple gets one). Didn't want anything too expensive as they are normally not used but wanted sonething.

Delighted to hear that awkward Annie. Ye the guys are lovely alright. A friend of ours is a wedding photographer so we are using him. Its a pain in the balls though as although he is giving us a reduced rate it's still flipping expensive for someone I haven't really picked O:|

Went to Daintree on sat and got the paper cut and folded, my BM is collecting it on Weds, can't wait to get my hands on it and start sticking stuff. While we wrre in dublin we got fitted for our snorkel gear. That was very exciting. Also made the appointment with the priest for our pre Nup.
Previously known as soon2bmrsrb and brasschick

[url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]

[/url]

drummerswife2b
Woloholic

Postby AwkwardAnnie » Mon May 14, 2022 1:52 pm

Hey girls!!

I didn't do anything over the weekend.

My SIL2B gave me lots of old Wedding Booklets that she's collected so I'm gonna look through them and see what readings and prayers of the faithful was used and also what songs people picked. Lots of the mass booklets have used beautiful iridescent paper and I've fallen in love with it. Luckily SIL has a good few sheets (maybe 400) so I'll have to get another ream somewhere... I've googled it though and can't find it anywhere O:|
I've also ordered samples of coloured card from Daintree to pick for the covers of the mass booklets..

Oh and I popped into a Newbridge Silver shop yesterday and seen fabulous earrings and bracelet - I'm trying to figure out do I need a necklace or pendent for my dress or do I go without... H2b says get the necklace anyway - I'll wear it even if I don't for the wedding! Isn't he great!!!

hensnite wrote:On another topic what are you girls doing for favours?

I don't think I'm doing favours. Hoping to do a small candy buffet so that will suffice I'm hoping.

Nostress wrote:can't decide on the car - looking at either a Rolls Royce Silver Cloud Convertible or a horse and carriage.
I think I want to walk from the church to the hotel, it's a 10 mins walk but we'd do it slowly and take photos along the way. OH thinks it's too far too walk as it'll be about 30 degrees (hopefully) but the town is so pretty and pedestrianised so with the car we'll still have to walk anyway

4 months tomorrow :eek

4 months away to your big day Nostress - I hope your living up to your username!!

I think it would be lovely to walk to the hotel - especially if you gonna take some photos along the way... Your photographer will be able to take lots of casual photos of you and your hubby walking through the streets - I'd definitely go with that!

gotmyrock wrote:Hi everyone - i'm a sept bride but haven't posted in ages. My mum passed away 6 months ago & I was focused on dealing with that rather than anything wedding related . Well I am pleased to say I have my focus back now & it's full steam ahead with all the plans. It has been great seeing how you are all getting on & it's really helpful 2 see all the lists of to do's. 1st thing I think i should do is contact the priest, haven't anything legal or religious done yet & I suppose that's the most important side of things. Nice to be back on board again :o)ll

gotmyrock - I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother.. This can't be an easy time for you :action32
As other wollies have said, registering your intent with the state is definitely your first priority. I hear its a lot of hassle if you miss the deadline as you've to go to the court to get permission.. Definitely ring your local office ASAP and see if they have an appointment and if not, ring all the offices around - you don't have to register in the county you live, you can register in any of them.

highbeam wrote:Underwear I am going to look in Debenhams, I'm not too big on top so I don't think Ill need anything unusual just a good strapless bra should do me fine and don't need spanx type underwear so something normal will be fine. One thing girls, a lot of the shops say you should have underwear and shoes before your first fitting so maybe ask the shop when you make the appointment.

I'm not too big on top either, so I don't think I'll have to get anything overly special but I think I'll hold off until my dress comes into the shop and try it on and see what they say I need. I'd imagine I'll need some sorta smoothening out knickers as my dress is quite fitted around the tummy, bum, hips and thighs, but I'll see when my dress comes in. No point in running off buying the wrong sorta thing. H2b won't be to happy to see me in sucky in knickers - he'll be expecting something a lot more sexier, but if needs must!!

Ohnoshedidnt wrote:What did everyone think of Franc last night? Wasnt much in it for me to use.
I was in tears for the bride when she was trying on dresses :o( Oh and when she got tyre spray all over the dress :ooh :ooh Fair play though it didnt seem to bother her. I think thats my worst nightmare. Iv banned my 3 yr old from coming anywhere near me with food or grubby hands on the day :o0

I didn't get too much from last nights episode because I suppose it was so much geared towards the couples interest of bikes. They looked to have a fabulous day though. I felt so sorry for her trying on the dresses but I was delighted she got one she felt fabulous in and boy did she!! I screamed Noooooo at the TV when they walked behind the bike - her poor dress would of got all splattered but she didn't care thank god. I think I'd of cried at that stage!!
AwkwardAnnie
Wolly Addict

Postby highbeam » Mon May 14, 2022 2:11 pm

I have Franc recorded so might get to watch it later, oh what happened her dress?

You should fly through the booklet if you have others to look at. I got mine done in an evening.

Another list to add to my ever growing number of lists was all the jobs we need to do around the house. I kind of laughed at my MIL when she started getting the hall painted etc and when I looked around our house at the weekend theres loads to do, the garden needs a lot of work, will have to paint the kitchen, a few doors and skirtings need repainting, theres tiles to be put up. I think the pressure is getting to me I was going around washing walls yesterday. Even though we won't be in it on the day I'm sure we will have a lot of people calling and some of the people from abroad might stay in the house a couple of nights when we aren't there. I think I'll have to hand the list over to my OH.
highbeam
Wolly Addict

Postby AwkwardAnnie » Mon May 14, 2022 3:30 pm

Don't talk to me about things to be done around the house!!!

I've walls, piers & gates at the road TO BE FINISHED - they are half started
Kerbs
Patio area to be finished - another started job and left there
Footpaths - you need a stepladder to get in the front or back door
Painting - again started but not finished
Skirting board and architraves not done and not finished in most rooms - my biggest bug bear!!

And all that to be done in 4 months O:| O:|
AwkwardAnnie
Wolly Addict

Postby Ohnoshedidnt » Tue May 15, 2022 8:43 am

Luckily i dont have to worry about my own house as i live over 2 hours away from where im from and where we are getting married. Id say most people will call to my mothers house. Il prob be down there for that week anyway.
Started a do list (again) last night. I think im finally starting to make shapes :ooh
Main things i have left to do is:
Organise suits (Iv booked OH for weekend after next!)
Do our pre nup with priest. Just have to get my letter of freedom
Get candles
Get gifts

Everything else is just tying up loose ends :o)ll
This time last year all i had done was booked church and reception!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Ohnoshedidnt
Mini Wolly

Postby highbeam » Tue May 15, 2022 9:39 am

Ohnoshedidnt wrote:
Everything else is just tying up loose ends :o)ll
This time last year all i had done was booked church and reception!!

This time last year I wasn't even engaged :o0 Yes my list is definitely getting shorter well for the big things anyway.

Done:
Church & Priest Booked
Church Music - nearly all songs chosen
Hotel
Band & DJ
Photographer
My Dress
Bridesmaids Dresses
Make-Up Artist
Chair sashes
Video
Flowers
Cake
Hair
Have made an appointment to get nails and things done the day before
Hen
Mass Booklets ready to print
Paddy Power Kits
Suits
Bridesmaids gifts and jewellery
Groomsmen - socks
Honeymoon
Premarriage Course
Hairpiece
Only one certificate left to get and we can organise the prenup.
State Registration

Added a few things to the Still to do list;
Invitations & Booklet
Wedding Rings - buying this week
My veil, shoes, jewellery etc
Cake topper
Unity Candles
Favours
Prenup with priest
Etsy shopping spree :)
Bits and pieces for ferror roche trees
Perfume
Underwear
highbeam
Wolly Addict

Postby Ohnoshedidnt » Tue May 15, 2022 10:06 am

OH sh1t, mass booklets :eek :eek
I keep forgetting about them. I have songs and readings picked out but i havent even thought about putting them together. I think i just keep pushing it to the back of my mind because im dreading doing them so much O:|
highbeam wrote:This time last year I wasn't even engaged :o0

When did you get engaged?? :ooh
I have been engaged for 2 years this July and you seem so much more organised than me :o0
Ohnoshedidnt
Mini Wolly

Postby highbeam » Tue May 15, 2022 10:09 am

We will be engaged a year next month. It has flown by. I do feel like I am organised but still feel like there is a lot to do. I just need a blank cheque and Id have it all done by the end of the week :o0
highbeam
Wolly Addict

Postby erniebert » Tue May 15, 2022 10:54 am

Nostress wrote:I think I want to walk from the church to the hotel, it's a 10 mins walk but we'd do it slowly and take photos along the way. OH thinks it's too far too walk as it'll be about 30 degrees (hopefully) but the town is so pretty and pedestrianised so with the car we'll still have to walk anyway

4 months tomorrow :eek

I'm hoping to walk to the hotel too - its about 10 minutes for us too, down Grafton St! I just think it would be fun :)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
erniebert
Mini Wolly

Postby highbeam » Tue May 15, 2022 12:39 pm

:)
highbeam
Wolly Addict

Postby hensnite » Tue May 15, 2022 1:29 pm

I was reading back my contract the other night and found another reason why I sent out my invites early. If your numbers reduce you can lose out on money so check your contracts girls of the notice period you have to give the hotel on numbers it may surprise you!. I am disappointed at Franc's new show (last episode. I thought there would be alot more practical ideas but so far just seeing stuff that you can find online nothing that is really inspiring

hensnite
New Wolly

Postby drummerswife2b » Tue May 15, 2022 2:19 pm

Ye I don't have to worry about our house (except for visiting guests which its grand for) its rented so can't do anything anyway. We will both be going from our parents house do they are the ones needing to spruce up :o0 mum has just got her kitchen done up.

+1 on the blank cheque it would be so flipping handy.

Erniebert and nostress I think it would be lovely to walk to the receptions. Really fun.

Ah I understand hensmite. Luckily we don't have to give our final numbers until a few days before which is great as it cuts down on cancellations etc.

Although francs show isn't very diying I do enjoy it. It helps with ideas and actually seeing things. I live any wedding shows though.

Ok so using highbeams list (thanks highbeam)

Done:
Church & Priest Booked
Church Music - all songs chosen
Hotel
Band & DJ
Photographer
My Dress, shoes veil and jewellery
Bridesmaids Dresses
Make-Up Artist
Transport
Video
Flowers
Cake
Hair
Hen
Mass Booklets ready to print
Paddy Power Kits
Bridesmaids gifts and jewellery
Groomsmen - socks
Honeymoon
Premarriage Course
State registration
Favours (just need printing and cutting.

Added a few things to the Still to do list;
Make beauty appointments
Suit hire (h2b doing this 1st weekend in June)
Invitations (putting together)& Booklet (printing)
Hair and make up trials
My headpiece (need to decide, will to at hair trial.
Unity Candles (have a deposit with kellieT designs but want to get it back as there communication is shocking)
Prenup with priest (weekend after next)
Etsy shopping spree (I wish :o()
Do the flowers
Perfume
Arrange bathroom baskets
Underwear and morning of clothes
Honeymoon and pre/post wedding clothes shopping :o)ll
Meet/talk to all suppliers (when are people doing this?)
Previously known as soon2bmrsrb and brasschick

[url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]

[/url]

drummerswife2b
Woloholic

Postby highbeam » Tue May 15, 2022 2:31 pm

Ah I have to get candles too, I saw some in M&S the other day I am tempted to just buy them and decorate them myself as I cannot find what I want.

I think Francs show isn't as helpful as I thought but I think it shows that if you put in the effort you can DIY a lot of things to create something to suit you no matter what your style. I was expecting it to be a bit more "make and do" and show you how to do things. I think the biker couple were lucky to have him. If he hadn't of shown up to fix things it would have looked pretty crappy, the girl the first week was brilliant at DIY and her stuff looked great.
highbeam
Wolly Addict

Postby lilywhite2012 » Tue May 15, 2022 2:31 pm

Hi Girls
What are you all doing the day after the wedding?? We are inviting people to our local pub and having music and some finger food. Will probably be kicking off at about 8pm the following day. The band we wanted (2 piece) band are playing at electric picnic that weekend so we have to find another!! Anyone any ideas for a pub band in the Kildare area for the following day? One that's not too expensive!!!! Thanks!
[/url]
lilywhite2012
Mini Wolly

Postby highbeam » Tue May 15, 2022 2:41 pm

Lilywhite thats exactly what we plan to do too. I had thought about a bbq but its too weather dependent and expensive so we decided to go to a pub and organise platters of food and music. Haven't done this yet, sorry no help for the music for you. We are going to ask in the pub for recommendations, there are two guys with guitars that often play there so something like that would be perfect.
highbeam
Wolly Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Old Faithful